Registration is now open for the following events:
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
May 15-17, 2020
This is not a CHA competition but all CHA competitors can receive points for this competition.
March 2020 Jackpot
WildeWood Farm (5150 Oak Grove Circle, Cumming, Georgia 30028)
Saturday, March 14th, 2020
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
This is a one-day competition that is meant to be fun, low cost & super beginner friendly (as competitors can go at their own pace/division). There is no pressure to win, although, there is a possibility for payback & prizes (including ribbons for 1st thru 3rd Place in each Division for each Class). You do NOT need to be a member of any club or affiliation to participate.
1. Jackpots are awarded by Division: To be eligible for a Jackpot, Rider must Compete with the same horse in ALL THREE Classes at the same Division level. Jackpots for overall points (50/40/30 % Payout for Canter/Trot/Walk, with a 50/40/30 % Split for 1st/2nd/3rd)
2. Rider may Exhibition the same horse in any other Division (other than the one being competed in) in each Class and Rider may Exhibition a second horse, at any Division in any Class.
3. Rider does NOT need to participate in all Classes; Rider can still win a singular Class in their Division (they are just not eligible for a jackpot prize money).
4. Definitions: Competing = to count towards Division points; and Exhibition = just run for fun or to test your ability/gain experience.
5. Only one arrow will be allowed per target during the competition (for safety reasons).
6. Horses may not stop while the rider reloads, but MUST continue moving in a forward direction. It’s ok if horse breaks gait, but the rider must resume their Divisional gait to shoot. If the horse has already passed the linear parallel of a target & starts to circle back, the rider may not shoot at that target.
7. Arrows MAY NOT be drawn from a boot or pant leg, they MUST be drawn from either a quiver or the bow hand.
8. CHA reserves the right to remove a horse from competition if they feel that it is unsafe, unsound, or unfit (in any way) to proceed.
9. Minors (under 18) MUST wear a helmet while riding.
9:00 am Arrival; Coggins check
9:15 am Warm Ups in Arena
9:45 am Safety Briefing
10:00 am – 11:30 am “Triple Triangle” Class
11:30 pm – 1:00 pm “Comanche Attack” Class
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm “Weave Pole Shoot” Class
3:15 pm – 4:00 pm Prizes, Ribbons & Jackpots are awarded
* There is no break for lunch, so please be prepared to bring a sack lunch or snack to eat between Classes
** If a Class finishes earlier & we have all participants present for the next Class, we will proceed to the next Class
*** Course descriptions can be found at: http://www.chatthorsearchers.com/competition/
Pre-registration & Fees are due by Wednesday, March 11th to reserve your spot (& refundable in the unlikely event that CHA cancels.) There is a $5.00 Registration Fee for entries after that date (but welcome up to the start of competition).
$10 / Class for Competition
$5 / Class for Exhibition
$15 Arena Fee
$20 / Horse Rental
Proof of current NEGATIVE COGGINS is required upon arrival of all horses, no exceptions.
There is NO COST for spectators. We would love it if a bunch of people took pictures & videos for us to share!
All riders / volunteers / participants MUST sign a LIABILITY WAIVER.
For more information and registration, click the links below:
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Here is a list of competitions, practices (for members only), and social engagements that CHA will be hosting/participating in this year:
- No alcohol allowed during shooting hours
- No dogs allowed that don’t live on the property or by track
- No archery practice or shooting except in designated areas
- No mistreatment (of humans or horses) allowed – or you will be asked to leave
- Spectators must stay in designated areas, at least 15 feet away from the track
- All shooting must stop while collecting arrows
- All event participants must sign all waivers
- Practice participants must be current CHA members
- Helmets must be worn by participants under 18 years of age
- Small children must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Please be quiet while archers are shooting off horseback
- Please be respectful of horses (use hitching rail when possible)
- Please pick up after yourself (throw trash in designated receptacles)
- Please help with setup and tear-down of timers, nets, arrows, etc. when possible